Since we started getting fresh zucchini out of our own garden last week, I’ve decided to do a 30 day challenge of eating 1 zucchini dish a day and posting all of my zucchini recipes for you to enjoy. This is also to help prevent me from getting overwhelmed by a mass influx of zucchini on my counter and not being able to keep up doing something with it. Once the 30 days is over, I’ll probably starting canning the rest, with the occasional dish thrown in.
I love zucchini for how versatile it can be, but definitely prefer sticking to the small/medium sized zucchini. Any larger than that and they are too thick or hard to mess with.
I had to modify it slightly to support the Keto lifestyle my husband and I are doing (which I have subsequently lost almost 30lb on in 2 months. I also originally tried to dip the zucchini into coconut flour and then egg and then the crust bits, but that was ultimately a failure.
Instead, this one will be based off my paleo chicken nugget recipe, which I will feature later as I get a lot of requests for that one!
Oven Fried Zucchini Ingredients:
- 2 medium sized Zucchini, cut in 1/4″ slices
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp water
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
Garlic Aioli Ingredients:
- The ingredients for my Instant Nofuss Copper Kettle Farms Mayo Recipe
- 3 medium basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
Garlic Aioli Preparation:
- Blend just like my Instant Nofuss Copper Kettle Farms Mayo recipe! So easy!
Oven Fried Zucchini Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 400 and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients except for zucchini (which is technically not dry anyway)
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and add the water to water it down slightly
- Dredge the zucchini slices into the egg and toss until fully covered
- Transfer zucchini to the “flour/spice” mixture and coat evenly
- Place on baking sheet until full
- Bake 10 minutes then flip and cook for another 10
- Serve with Aioli for dipping!